- Working within the Health, Social Care and Education has given us significant experience of the types of individuals you are searching for. Our team have developed excellent insight into the unique set of skills; qualifications and experience needed to find the right candidate with the right experience to work with your SEN/SEND schools, colleges or all other related settings and with a particular young person.
- We do more than just fill positions. We take pride in our placements. We don't just recruit; we build long-lasting partnerships, we understand special schools and children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and at risk youth. We utilize the industry's most comprehensive recruiting processes to assure on-target matches are met every time for both clients and candidates. Whether you are looking for sickness cover, temporary staff, holiday cover, short term contracts, a longer-term maternity cover, permanent staff or a new permanent member of staff, we are here to help.
- We are a member of the Recruitment Employment Confederation (REC) and The Tutors' Association Corporate Membership (TTA). We maintain the code of ethics according to the REC, TTA and DfE "Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education". All our staffs have an up to date enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS), vetted through robust safer recruitment processes and reference checked before embarking on the relationship with a young person or any placement.
- Candidates -Whether the goal is to land your first job in the Health, Social Care and Education sectors or to take the next steps on your career path then come to us to discuss the latest and best opportunities on the market.
THE COMPLIANCE CHECKS INCLUDE
Star Ascend is committed to child protection and safer recruitment in Education and Health, Social Care.We ensure that all our staffs and candidates have an up to date enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS), vetted through robust safer recruitment processes and reference checked before embarking on the relationship with a young person or any placements. Evidence of all vetting and safeguarding checks are scanned, recorded on our database and email detailing the below is sent to all special schools and all other related settings before embarking on the relationship with a young person or any placements.
In line with the REC and the DfEs 'Keeping Children Safe in Education DfE guidelines',Star Ascend checks the following:
- Pre-screen and select candidates
- Conduct in-depth face to face interviews
- CV Check
- Proof of right to work in the UK(passport, birth certificate, biometric visa)
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS),checking & updates service check
- Child Barring Check/List 99 checks
- Overseas Police check (if applicable)
- ID Check (passport, driving licence, original certificates)
- Two proofs of address (utility bill, bank statements) using theDBS list of approved documents
- Complete detailed reference covering 2 years
- Overseas police check (if you have lived or worked abroad for six months or more over the last five years)
- Signed Disqualification by Association Declaration
- NCTL Checks for Teachers
- Signed Rehabilitation of Offenders Declaration
- Medical Checks
Additional Vetting Procedures
There are also a number of vetting procedures and checks we carry out when registering with Star Ascend.
- Date of birth check, against a passport, national ID card or photo driving licence
- Where necessary, sighting marriage or divorce certificates as part of the identification check
- National Insurance number, against a NI card, P45/P60 or government letter
- CV check, with any gaps accounted for
- Enhanced DBS certificate, conducted annually. Candidates on the DBS update service will have their DBS checked annually or more frequently if a client requires
- For candidates with QTS, we will check their registration with the National College for Teaching and Leadership, both as part of the recruitment process and then on an annual basis
- Star Ascend's medical questionnaire, completed at your initial face-to-face registration meeting
- Confirmation that the 'Keeping children safe in education: childcare disqualification requirement checks' has been read
- As part of Star Ascend's registration form, completing the 'Rehabilitation of the Offenders Act Statement'
Who We Serve